Thursday 29 December 2011

Home made Christmas presents



Hublet's family have this fun tradition, rather than buying expensive gifts for each other they have a limit of £10 and to make it more interesting presents have to fit the description generated by two random adjective. Everyone writes down two adjectives in November. They are stuck in a hat, you pull two out that are not your own and those are the words that describe all the Christmas presents you give to the rest of the adults.
 My two words were 'Stick like' and 'Sparkly'. So I made Sparkly branch photo frames, with needle felted owls. You can't really see from the photo but the branches have sparkly snowflakes attached. The Photo's are of Hublet's brother's weddings, both of which were this year.
Here is a photo to show you the scale.

I also made a felt toy for one of Goblin's friends that I have been itching to share.
I call him meteor boy because the wet felted ball looks quite like a meteor. 
 The little boy is needle felted. I was much happier with his face than I was with the little girl I made previously.
 And he fits neatly into his meteor home. 

I'm linking this to

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower! What a great idea for gifts! Not only is it frugal, but adds a wonderful out-of-the-ordinary kind of present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that gift giving tradition! We avoid the gifting aspect of Christmas because I find it to be too much pressure and stress, but that seems like just the opposite - so fun! I love your creations, too - to include meteor boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really neat! You have some wonderful traditions and you are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Christmas gift exchange idea and the very cool, creative doll. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the photo frame idea Ray, totally excellent, I want one of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I love your ideas. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

I have decided to turn off comments on the blog as I am being inundated with spam. I do this with sadness as I love genuine comments from readers. If you would like to leave a comment please email me at TamingtheGoblin@gmail.com or visit the TamingtheGoblin FaceBook page (you can access it through the FB icon in the top right corner of the blog homepage).
Thank you for taking the time to read the blog.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...