Tuesday 1 November 2011

Needle felt - Snails

(Goblin is 24 months)
Goblin is a bit obsessed with snails at the moment. He doesn't want to touch them, he just likes finding them and pointing at them. When we were in Wales last week we found some empty snail shells. I pocketed them. I have heard that the Giant African land snail can carry a nasty parasite that can make humans ill. I have no idea whether the normal size snails carry the parasite but not taking any chances I gave these a good scrub and then soaked them in boiling water. 
Thanks to a great swimming trip Goblin has just had a mammouth nap and it has given me a chance to do a bit of needle felting. I made some snails.
 The shells are glued onto the felt bodies with my new exciting glue gun (its just a glue gun, but its new and therefore exciting for me). 
Hopefully Goblin will be more keen on handling these snails as they are less slimy than the real thing. 


I'm linking to the following link ups
abc buttonBeneath the Rowan Tree

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I would love for you to link this & other kid-friendly stuff at my TGIF Linky Party on Friday - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snails.
    And I also love my glue gun (not new, but still un!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Jake loves snails - I must do this! I dont know how to felt tho...

    ReplyDelete

I have decided to turn off comments on the blog as I am being inundated with spam. I do this with sadness as I love genuine comments from readers. If you would like to leave a comment please email me at TamingtheGoblin@gmail.com or visit the TamingtheGoblin FaceBook page (you can access it through the FB icon in the top right corner of the blog homepage).
Thank you for taking the time to read the blog.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...