Friday 11 November 2011

Mummy's hat

(Goblin is 24 Months)
I found some amazing yarn on ebay from the shop Alternative*artisan*UK. It's recycled sari silk yarn -  the colours are totally amazing. I bought the golden colour but it also comes in red, green, turquoise and more. I wasn't sure how it would be to work with so I only bought one 100g skein 
I didn't really know what to do with it so I just knitted a rectangle on 12mm needles using 30 stitches across. And look what it turned into. 
It feels really nice to wear. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a scarf made of something similar but it sheds horribly - does your hat shed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it doesn't shed but it does unravel. The sari threads aren't joined together very well, they are just twisted so every so often one comes undone and creates a massive hole in the hat and I have to darn it. I think eventually it will be all darn and no knitting. but it looked cute for a while at least.

      Delete

I have decided to turn off comments on the blog as I am being inundated with spam. I do this with sadness as I love genuine comments from readers. If you would like to leave a comment please email me at TamingtheGoblin@gmail.com or visit the TamingtheGoblin FaceBook page (you can access it through the FB icon in the top right corner of the blog homepage).
Thank you for taking the time to read the blog.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...